WRITE FOR BAREFOOTVEGAN MAGAZINE
2016/17 Publishing Schedule
Barefoot Vegan magazine is a bi-monthly, digital magazine with a global audience. We have readers from all around the world and our subscription rate is growing vastly by the day!
The principles of love and compassion are strong themes that run throughout every issue of Barefoot Vegan Magazine. Although we aren’t afraid to tackle difficult subjects in order to raise awareness, this should always be done in a manner that is non-judgemental and supportive.
If you're a writer, blogger, YouTuber or podcaster please take a look at the categories below to see the types of original contributions we look for. As we are a digital publication, in addition to written articles, we also accept good quality, professional video and audio submissions.
Submission deadline: September 16th 2016
Submission deadline: November 18th 2016
Submission deadline: January 20th 2017
Submission deadline: March 17th 2017
Submission deadline: May 19th 2017
Submission deadline: July 14th 2017
Submission deadline: September 15th 2017
Each edition of the magazine has a theme (see the current year’s themes in the publishing schedule above). The magazine has the following sections:
- Recipes – we like to set these within the context of a story and don’t tend to allocate too many pages for recipes.
- Beauty – seasonal, natural, organic, cruelty-free, vegan and DIY beauty for men and women. If you are pitching a feature that promotes other companies’ products remember that we have a global audience and so products should be available to the majority of readers.
- Mind, Body, Soul – Christianity, holistic wellbeing, health, exercise, diet, alternative and natural healing therapies
- Animals – Charities, campaigns, projects, individual activists, animal wellbeing, alternative healthcare for animals, animal rescue, spiritual aspects of animal kind, protection etc.
- Mother Nature - environmental sustainability & self-sufficiency, permaculture, charities and projects that support conservation of the environment, living in harmony with nature, alternative lifestyle communities, eco-housing, growing and foraging for food etc., how-to articles…
All contributors have an article by-line and a small biography with a photo and links to their website and/or social media channels included with their piece.
If you are interested in submitting an article, please make sure you read our Submission Agreement before you send anything through. Please click here to view the Submission Agreement.
In the first instance, please send a synopsis of the article that you'd like to provide and details of which section you think it is relevant to. Emma will be in contact with you shortly if she would like to run with your story. Please email Emma Letessier at editor(@)barefootvegan.com.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE READ THROUGH AN ISSUE TO SEE IF YOUR STORY FITS THE STYLE AND SPIRIT OF OUR PUBLICATION AND IS RELEVANT TO THE BAREFOOT VEGAN MAGAZINE AUDIENCE. You can view a free issue by clicking here.
WE DON’T ACCEPT CONTRIBUTIONS THAT HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE.