Vegan Tofu Lettuce WrapSeptember 8, 2018
- 1 package extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- Lettuce leaves
Optional garnishes and additions:
- shredded carrots
- diced cucumbers
- brown rice
- hot sauce
- Spicy Peanut Sauce * (see recipe below)
Heat a large wok or heavy skillet, and add tofu to the pan. Brown slightly, stirring occasionally. If needed, add a little water to prevent sticking to the pan. Mix in Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, rice wine vinegar, and Worcestershire Sauce, and continue to saute until slightly browned.
Add celery, red cabbage, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes, and continue cooking until mixture is golden and almost crispy.
Turn off heat, and stir in fresh cilantro.
Serve tofu mixture in lettuce leaves, along with optional garnishes and Spicy Peanut Sauce (if desired).
* Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup natural Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 teaspoon of a “mild” hot sauce
- Sea salt to taste
- Juice of one fresh lime
In a small saucepan, mix peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, agave, and hot sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture is smooth. Serve alongside lettuce wraps.