Vegan Dark Chocolate Holiday BarkSeptember 10, 2018
- 5 ounces of vegan dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons raw pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoons dried apricots, diced
- 1 tablespoons unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, diced
Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (like Silpat) or with parchment paper.
In a double boiler heat the chocolate until just melted. Stir until smooth.
Meanwhile, toast the pecans and hazelnuts briefly in a small skillet over medium heat. Don’t allow the nuts to burn. Remove from heat.
Spread the chocolate evenly on the prepared baking sheet into a 6 x 8-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with the toasted pecans and hazelnuts, and then the apricots and cranberries. Finally sprinkle with the candied ginger. Press ever so lightly to make sure it all touches the chocolate.
Allow the bark to sit at room temperature for about an hour, or until firm. Break bark into pieces, and serve.